Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sno-cone cupcakes

I saw these cupcakes on Bakerella.com and knew I had to make them.  She comes up with such great ideas. And, who doesn't like sno-cones?  Especially red,white, and blue ones.  My fave was always the blue  raspberry flavor. I will admit that it has been a long time since I had one though.

I didn't have as much luck with putting all three colors in the nut cup type cupcake paper.  She taped the 3 colors in plastic bags,cut the tips off, then put the batter in the cups.  I wasn't getting the colors in evenly, so I did it one at a time. I just put the cup in a pan that was resting on a towel, so it was tilted. I put the blue in first in the lowest corner, then I added the white. Then I turned the cup around, and added the red.
If you are very neat and tidy, you won't want to try these. lol.  They are a bit messy
But, they are really cute after they are baked.
I put icing down into the cupcake where the crack is. I just used white icing on the first one, then used blue, red, and white sparkling sugar.

The sparkling sugar....


I wish I had been a little neater with the sugar, but, what can you do? lol.  I'm going to try using red, and blue icing on the next one.  I'll post that pic later.

I used a glove spritzed with some water to round off the icing.  It's a bit easier than trying to round it off with a knife.  I hope you will visit http://www.bakerella.com/ and see some of her other great ideas.  She is the 'cakepop' queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment